|Save money at Maine ski swaps so you can do more skiing!|
However, swaps this year are going to look quite different due to precautions being taken for COVID-19. Please follow all the safety rules the organizers set and wear your masks! Many swaps have been cancelled for this year but some are still being held. Scroll down to see the latest updates. You can also read this Portland Press Herald article for some advice on buying used gear.
To stay up to date on all things Maine skiing, please like our Facebook Page. You can also follow the Family Skiing in Maine "Old Man" on Twitter & Instagram for skiing and other usually sports & weather related ramblings. You can also learn what to expect skiing in Maine during COVID-19 by reading this blog post.
October - Maine Ski Swaps
10th-12th - Happy Tunes in Carrabassett Valley is having a Used Ski and Kayak Sale over the holiday weekend. You can drop your used gear off for consignment sale Friday afternoon & Saturday morning. See the poster FMI. It's also homecoming weekend at Sugarloaf and you can check out their modified COVID homecoming weekend schedule by clicking here.
November - Maine Ski Swaps
7th - The organizers of the Central Maine Ski Swap are planning to hold their winter gear sale at the Quarry Road Trails in Waterville on Saturday, November 7th from 9am -2pm. They would prefer you to make an appointment for Friday to drop of any equipment for consignment sale. See the poster FMI.
7th - The Titcomb Mountain Winter Equipment Sale in Farmington is being held Saturday, November 7th from 10am - 1pm. Early bird tickets are for sale to get access at 9am and they are offering equipment drop off Monday to Thursday. See their web page for more information.
8th - The 53rd annual Brunswick Ski and Skate Sale sponsored by the Parks and Recreation department will be held Sunday, November 8th. Due to COVID-19 there will not be a consignment swap. Only approved Ski vendors will be selling equipment. See their web page for more information.
December - Maine Ski SwapsTBD...
Cancelled - Maine Ski Swaps
The following skis swaps have been cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns for 2020 - but plan to be back in 2021.
- Bethel Outing Club Ski Swap & Sale usually held in late October has been cancelled. They are holding an online gear exchange on Facebook instead.
- Penobscot Valley Ski Club Ski Sale usually held in mid October in Bangor is very unlikely to be held. They are hoping to put up on online market place to sell & exchange equipment. Keep an eye on the PVSC Facebook page for more news.
- Freeport Ski Swap & Sale usually held in early November has been cancelled.
- Auburn Ski Association Ski Swap usually held in early November has been cancelled.
- Agamenticus Ski Club Used Equipment & Ski Swap usually held in early November in York has been cancelled.
- Yarmouth Ski Swap/Sale usually held in late November has been cancelled.
- Falmouth Ski Swap/Sale usually held in late November has been cancelled.
- The organizers of the Camden Hills Regional High School Ski Sale cancelled their event as announced on their Facebook Page.
- Down East Ski Club Ski Sale at the Portland Expo usually held the Saturday after Thanksgiving has been cancelled.
Post last modified: November 1, 2020